interdependence through the heart of compassion ~ 2 spots left!
august 29th – september 10th, 2017
To download the full brochure / To sign-up click here.
With a grateful heart, I’m honored to share this transformative opportunity to travel with me to my maternal homeland of Vietnam. Once ravaged by war, Vietnam exists as the embodiment of beauty and strength emerging from the depths of darkness, symbolized by the national flower, the resilient lotus. Indeed, as humans, our strength stems from the wisdom of our suffering. Connecting our journey to the land, we will lift our spirits and mindfully receive the gifts of Vietnamese culture. Together, we’ll absorb the spiritual fruits of my ancestral roots. Infused with much lovingkindness, this itinerary boasts once-in-a-lifetime elements!
- Morning Mindfulness Workshops
- Full Moon Festival Celebration
- Herbal Medicine Consultation
- Private Overnight Boat Experience on Bai Tu Long Bay
- Buddhist Temple Visits
- Exclusive Giveback Experiences
- Vietnamese Culinary Immersions (Example: Hanoi street food tour)
reclaiming joy: an adult mindfulness camp at serenbe ~ 4 spots left!
enjoy three rich days with me at the inn at serenbe July 12-14 to reignite your joy for authentic living
$700 for the 3-day program (room not included) from 10 am – 5 pm each day | purchase your ticket HERE
Contact guest services to reserve your room at the inn (Book a 3-night stay for $169/night OR 5-night stay for $149/night)
Through the portal of presence, we begin to journey back home to our innate sense of joy for living. When we immerse ourselves in nature, we reclaim the truth of our inner wholeness. It’s through the practice of mindfulness that we begin to wake up to this new way of living. Through the ancient and sacred practice of mindfulness, we can become liberated from an inner sense of perpetual busyness, stress and imbalance. It’s our human capacity to cultivate a different relationship with our lives that becomes the wellspring of our truest joy, love and fulfillment.
During this camp you’ll learn:
- How to cultivate a Mindfulness Meditation practice
- The Art of Mindful Eating
- Walking Meditation
- How to release energies and thought patterns that aren’t serving you
- Healing yogic practices
- Labyrinth philosophy and the practice of labyrinth meditation
- The alchemical practices of Compassion & Lovingkindness
- Mindfulness tools to weave into your daily life
- Compassion & Lovingkindness sessions with the Serenbe farm animals
- Farm-to-table lunch at the Farmhouse daily
- Bonfire burning ceremony
- Labyrinth meditations
- Daily sessions with mindfulness-based psychotherapist & meditation instructor, Lena Franklin, LCSW
This adult mindfulness camp is suited for all practice levels and beginners are welcome! Each day will include an integration of different meditations, restorative yoga poses and chants, mindful time outdoors, a farm-to-table lunch provided by The Farmhouse. Join us this summer to tap into your highest self through the transformative practice of presence!
Weekly Open Mindfulness Meditation class In Atlanta
YOGA & MEDITATION IN PSYCHOTHERAPY
EXCLUSIVE ALL-DAY TRAINING FOR THERAPISTS, COACHES AND HEALERS ON Friday November 3, 2017 FROM 10 AM – 6 PM WITH LENA FRANKLIN, LCSW AND ALYCE WELLONS, LCSW AT THE INN AT SERENBE
$325 PER PERSON (8 CEUS) | REGISTER HERE
“We can only meet those who sit before us at the depth we’ve met ourselves.” ~ Lena Franklin
This intensive workshop will outline recent findings in neuroscience and tie them to attachment and interpersonal theories in order to support the use of these transformative mind / body / spirit approaches to therapy. The workshop will be an integration of lecture and experiential exercises, utilizing the wisdom traditions of Buddhist psychology and yogic philosophy integrated with western neuroscience to ground the practices.
You’ll walk away knowing how, when and why to use these mind / body / spirit approaches in clinical settings.
This day of retreat-style learning will include:
- Teachings on the neuroscience, attachment theories, interpersonal psychology and Buddhist psychology to ground the practices and create a container for healing
- Various meditations from both the yoga and Buddhist traditions
- Lifeforce Yoga teachings (yoga for mood management)
- Restorative and yin yoga poses
- The therapeutic use of sound
- Organic, farm-to-table lunch prepared by The Farmhouse
- Mindful Eating experience
- Labyrinth walking meditation
We extend a warm and loving invite for you to join us!
QUESTIONS?: Contact me directly at Lena@LenaFranklin.com
A RETURN TO EMBODIMENT: YOGA AND MEDITATION GROUP THERAPY
First Wednesday of each month, from 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
August 2016 – July 2017 | YEAR-LONG GROUP
$100 per session
Foundations Midtown (DIRECTIONS)
*This group is currently full. Contact me to add your name to the waitlist.
Through the portal of the body, we can begin to reclaim our lives and return to our innate state of peace, joy, love, and balance. We can’t think our way into healing but, through intentional mind/body practices, the constriction of fear, anxiety, stress, and depression can be released–offering us the peace we desire. There is a tremendous amount of empirical research validating the use of yoga and meditation to treat stress, depression, and anxiety, as well as addiction, trauma, and other mental health challenges.
There will be group check-ins at the beginning and end of each class, and a series of yoga and meditation instruction and practice in each group. Techniques will include various forms of sitting meditation, poses (asanas), use of sound (mantra & chanting), mudras (hand gestures), and ending with yoga nidra (a type of yoga meditation to help the body, relax and prepare for sleep). This group will be an integration of experiential mind/body practices, teachings from Alyce Wellons & Lena Franklin, and group processing.